21.8.10

kriss soonik loungerie: backstage.

On Thursday I attended the Kriss Soonik loungerie S/S 2011 show at the McQueen bar in Shoreditch, after the lovely Abi from I am Abimarvel unfortunately couldn't make it. Due to a few issues I was not allowed to be at the press party to watch the catwalk show, but I was allowed to quickly go backstage to take some shots of the clothes. I think it all worked in my favour really, I have always wanted to be backstage at a catwalk show, so I had a pretty darn good night! So, here are my behind-the-scenes shots of the event:Photobucket
Bridget Bardot inspired hair and makeup.
Photobucket
Photobucket
First of the three changes for the models.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kriss Soonik's trademark cat logo represents glamour in the purest form.
When I first went backstage I didn't know what to expect, there was just simply a rail of all of the loungerie, not very good for photographing. But shortly after I arrived the models, makeup artists and assistants followed, and started to get ready for the show. For a while I took a back seat and just watched, but then I built up the confidence to start talking and take photographs of everyone. I stayed much longer than I expected to, it was such an experience to watch what goes on backstage, I even ended up helping the models quickly get in and out of their superhero-inspired outfits. I couldn't resist getting a tad involved, hehe. Do you like the Kriss Soonik S/S11 collection? Kriss designs her collections believing that all woman can be superheroes, hence her slogan, 'Simple Girls with Super Powers'. I'm not a huge fan of the colour orange, but I do adore all of the lace, sheer fabric and the many bows which made an appearance. Plus I really do love the cat logo necklaces, I want one myself! Also, what are views on lingerie as outerwear? Love, Jazzabelle. P.S. A big thank-you to Samantha at Kyzar Entertainment for getting me backstage and to Abi for inviting me, I had a great evening! Models: Kasia Bober, Victoria-Rose, Natalja Smirnova, Nicole Da Silva Semedo, Norah Mullane, Michael Weylo, Kart Taniberg, Charlene Nga Dang. Makeup artists: Maria Foster, EmilyJane, Serena Locatelli. Set Management & Coordination: Richard Austin Rees PR & Fashion Management.

12 comments

  1. Oh Gosh you lucky duck! The lingerie looks fabulous and the models look gorgeous, it looks like you had a great time.
    Oh my I hope the weather in London is nice, Paris is currently burning, the humidity is unbearable, tehe it seems to have followed me across the channel!
    Definitely in this sort of weather I'm in favor of a little less clothing. Underwear is usually a lot friller and lacier, which when done right can look lovely. Though sometimes it looks as though people just forgot to put on their clothes, hehe

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sounds like such a good experience & opportunity! lucky lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky thing. These pics are fabulous and look like they are torn from the pages of a magazine. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catwalks seem to be a bit stressing, but I'd love to be there (as a make up artist)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to go backstage at a catwalk show; this sounds such a wonderful experience. All the glamour and glitz and general madness going on.

    The make-up and hair photographs are particularly stunning. I've missed hearing from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun and got some great shots backstage! Agree with you about the cat necklace...want want want! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the orange quite suits the 60s look! I especially like that pleated sheer top. And those cat necklaces are very cute!

    S
    http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great pics! I always enjoy looking at backstage stuff. As for lingerie as outerwear - like with most things, I think it depends on how you wear it. Some people can pull off the look, others.. not so well, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky girl, and great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to meet you chick!!!

    please add me on facebook- www.facebook.com/ejmakeup

    mwahhh.

    love the images!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jazzabelle's diary. Design by SoulMuse.