20.2.16

the true secret of happiness

Say hello to my dress of William Morris dreams! 
When House of Hackney first launched their William Morris collection, I became completely obsessed with this dress and just knew it had to be mine. After popping by their flagship store for weeks and months on end to see if they had my size in stock, I had well and truly given up hope on owning this beauty. Good things really do come to those who wait, as on Black Friday they gave me a call to say it had finally arrived in my size with 20% off! Bursting with excitement, I met Rob after work and practically skipped to the store to try it on - I loved the dress just as much as the first time I saw it. It was clearly meant to be.  
Spending nearly £200 on anything, let alone one item of clothing, is a pretty big deal for me, however to this day I don't regret my decision at all. I wore it for the first time on mine and Rob's one year anniversary, so it really does hold a special place in my heart and is something I know I'll treasure forever. After all, Morris once said "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful", and this dress certainly is both. 

11 comments

  1. If you love it that much, then it's absolutely worth the money, even more so if you now have emotional ties to it. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous piece on you, worth the wait indeed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing dress, great quote! You look gorgeous in it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so gorgeous - that print is to die for!
    looks amazing.

    anna / styleskittle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I love William Morris. This was so worth it, and you look amazing!

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it looks great on you, so definitely a good choice buy. Also if you walked away and then waited around for it, and still loved it when you saw it again, it's meant to be... right? And you can't argue with something that is meant to be ;)

    Charlotte x
    Fox Socks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say that if you're thinking about it a couple of days after you've seen it. Buy it!

    That's my motto and it's never done me wrong (but maybe my purse strings!)

    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress with a gorgeous print!! When thinking about how long you will treasure and wear it, it won't feel like £200, it will feel much more expensive and and less at the same time :)

    Lii

    ReplyDelete

© jazzabelle's diary. Design by SoulMuse.