23.4.17

life lately...


 photo jazzabelles diary boden spot polka dot shirt_zps1uohjx1k.jpg photo jazzabelles diary boden shirt_zpsukachzzy.jpg
Shirt, c/o Boden - Jeans, c/o Next  photo jazzabelles diary smart shirt polka dot boden_zps3y5j3wlu.jpg
Hello, hello! Days have been blurring together for me recently, so today has been spent taking it easy, reflecting on the last couple of weeks and thinkin' ahead. I thought I'd catch up with y'all and share a few things going on in my life lately...
1. Ten days ago I quit my job. And in the last ten days I've felt the most content and carefree I've felt in a very long time. It's a different sort of contentment to usual too, as it hasn't just been for a weekend or a few days, resulting in Sunday evening sadness and back-to-work blues, as this time I've really been able to switch off. Of course my mini break will eventually have to come to an end, but even then it will be to start something new and exciting, so it's a bit of a win-win situation!
2. In five short days Rob and I will be jetting off to Florida! The anticipation of our first holiday abroad together has been so special, yet the worrier in me can't seem to fully allow myself to get too overexcited. I'm not anxious about the flight itself, it's more the whole airport experience that I find a little overwhelming, though once the plane has taken off I know I'll be lovin' life and will be annoying Rob with my giddiness!
3. Despite getting back into the swing of posting more regularly on my blog (all thanks to Chloe's lovely photography), I'm still figuring out the direction I'd like to take Jazzabelle's Diary. Ultimately my blog is just a hobby for me, but I'm thinkin' 2017 will be the year I finally shake things up on my little corner of the internet! In the seven years I've been blogging, I've never changed my template, so that's something I'd like to explore. I also really want to think about injecting more personality and creating meaningful content that I'm proud of. Is there anything you'd like to see on here? I'm really open to all suggestions, and do let me know your favourite blog designers and developers too!
I'll chat to you next week, I should have another post popping up before I go on holiday! Lots of love, Jazz xx 

5 comments

  1. I've been a fan of your blog for a few years now and I'm so happy that you've been posting more often in 2017. I love the way you write your posts - they feel like a chat with a friend. So I think that any kind of a personal post would be great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break! I recently had some time off between jobs and loved it - even on annual leave I never feel like I can fully relax when there's work to go back to... Happy to see you posting more often! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like anonymous said, I'm so happy to see that you've been posting more often this year, and I love reading what feels like a chat with a friend, because often blogs can turn into "I use this $500 serum for the pores on my nose whenever Mercury is in retrograde and you should too!" haha. Anyway, anything would be cool to see from you, but I am very nosy and love all those kind of "a day in the life" "what's in my bag" "what's on my phone" posts, just where you get to know someone a bit better through weird specifics on their life. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such an exciting time for you my lovely! Have the best time away. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store for your blog too :)

    Reena
    Fashion Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are enjoying your time away in Florida.

    Since I went freelance I've felt much more carefree and content than I ever did in my full-time job where I felt trapped and miserable. I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with back-to-work blues - as a freelancer I'm doing what I love. Plus it's lovely to have a break.

    :)

    Chichi
    chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete

© jazzabelle's diary. Design by SoulMuse.